Re: interface for "non-SQL people" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From justin
Subject Re: interface for "non-SQL people"
Date
List pgsql-general
pere roca wrote:
>   hi,
>   some nice tool over there to let non-SQL knowing people to construct their
> queries? I'm using pgAdmin III but I know some SQL.
>   there is no other option than constructing an HTML with forms, drop-down
> menus...?
>
>   thanks,
>   pERE

Your best bet which is not free is Crystal Reports it can do  all the
above you list. It can automate creation of  HTML, email, export Excel,
ad hoc filters in drop downs, and text inputs,  Graphs and  all kinds of
other stuff.
http://www.sap.com/solutions/sapbusinessobjects/sme/reporting-dashboarding/index.epx

its designed to be easy to use for the NON have not a clue
SQL/programmer people.

There are other software packages out there.  Note I have never used any
of these can not comment...
http://www.inetsoft.com/products/StyleReportEE/
http://www.pentaho.com/products/reporting/
http://www.inetsoftware.de/products/crystal-clear