Re: New features on 8.5 !!!! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: New features on 8.5 !!!!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Marcos Luis Ortiz Valmaseda wrote:
> Regards to all the list.
> Where I can find the new feautures that will be implemented on the 8.5 version?

See http://www.postgresql.org/developer/roadmap.

We're also doing preliminary developer-oriented alpha releases
throughout the 8.5 release cycle. You can look at the release notes of
those to see which features have been completed thus far, but for
features that haven't been completed yet, there is no authoritative list
of what will be included in the next release as that depends on what
individual developers decide to work on.

> Is there included the posibility on a tablespace restrict to a user to use a certain space inside it?

No. If you search the archives, you'll find that that has been discussed
before but no-one has come up with a robust way to implement that.

Suggestions and patches are welcome, of course..