Re: Difficulty installing postgresql on Max OSX Leopard. - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Don Fox
Subject Re: Difficulty installing postgresql on Max OSX Leopard.
Date
List pgsql-novice
This type of  occurrence seems very unlikely! If it happens to me it should be a common experience to many.
I'm downloading from Mac OS X Snow Leopard. This copy(from http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v8.4.1/)  goes into my Downloads dir AND the Trash.
The file in the Trash still has the .zip extension while the one in downloads has only the .tar.

tar -xvf postgresql-8.4.1.tar
tar: Unrecognized archive format: Inappropriate file type or format
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.

Previously, on Leopard i's just get the file placed in the Downloads folde? This must be some problem local to my machine??
Any ideas or explanations are greatly appreciated!

I finally got my workable copy of 8.4.1 from Source Forge!

Don Fox