Re: Difficulty installing postgresql on Max OSX Leopard. - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Difficulty installing postgresql on Max OSX Leopard.
Date
List pgsql-novice
Don Fox <donfox1@mac.com> writes:
> I'm downloading from Mac OS X Snow Leopard. This copy(from http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v8.4.1/
> )  goes into my Downloads dir AND the Trash.
> The file in the Trash still has the .zip extension while the one in
> downloads has only the .tar.

.zip?  There are no .zip files at that webpage.

What it sounds like is you've got Stuffit Expander or some similar
utility configured to auto-expand compressed files, and it's messing
the file up somehow.  If it's a hangover from a former Leopard
installation, maybe the problem is the utility isn't quite compatible
with Snow Leopard.

Another possibility is your browser is doing this.  Check its
preferences for something like "auto-open downloaded files".

            regards, tom lane