Re: Fwd: Copy out wording - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Fwd: Copy out wording
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Oh, hang on, "the NULL string" refers to the copy parameter? Not a
> part of the data? I read it as "a string being NULL". Maybe something
> like "the value of the NULL string parameter" to be overly clear for
> people like me? :-)

We could change:
   A NULL is output as the NULL string and is not quoted, while a data value   matching the NULL string is quoted.

   A NULL is output as the NULL parameter and is not quoted, while a non-NULL data value whose text representation
matchesthe NULL parameter is quoted.

or something similar. Would that be better?

cheers

andrew