Re: 9.6 -> 10.0 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: 9.6 -> 10.0
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 22 Mar 2016, at 14:07, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been ranting about this on Twitter for a while, and now blogged about it:
>
> http://people.planetpostgresql.org/devrim/index.php?/archives/89-9.6,-or-10.0.html
>
> There are major changes in 9.6 (some of them are listed in the blog post), and
> I think they are good enough to call this 10.0.
>
> A counter argument might be waiting for pglogical for inclusion, but I think
> the current changes are enough to warrant a .0 release.
>
> What do you think?

Heh Heh Heh, I was thinking about this last night too.

For a 10.0 release, that's a very major jump from the 9.x series.

The question is... are we there yet?

Is so, then yay :)... if not though, what is the bar we need to reach?

  eg Transparent multi-master replication built-in to core? ;)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Attachment