Re: 8.5 release timetable, again - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ron Mayer
Subject Re: 8.5 release timetable, again
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> I don't know of anyone who is likely to want to try out alphas in their
> normal development environments. The client I approached was
> specifically prepared to test beta releases that way.

Perhaps end-users won't, but I think companies who develop software that
works on top of postgres will. Perhaps to make sure their existing software
continues to work; or perhaps to get a head start working with new features.
I test against CVS-head occasionally.