Re: "Could not open relation XXX: No such file or directory" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: "Could not open relation XXX: No such file or directory"
Date
List pgsql-general
On 19/08/2009 6:26 PM, Alan Millington wrote:

> 2009-08-19 03:06:45 ERROR: could not read block 0 of relation
> 1663/52752/52896: No such file or directory

> Clearly something is amiss, but I don't know what. I should be grateful
> for any suggestions as to what I should check.

Got a virus scanner installed? If so, remove it (do not just disable it)
and see if you can reproduce the problem. Ditto anti-spyware software.

You should also `chkdsk' your file system(s) and use a SMART diagnostic
tool to test your hard disk (assuming it's a single ATA disk).

--
Craig Ringer