Re: ERROR: XLogFlush: request AF/5703EDC8 is not satisfied --- flushed only to AF/50F15ABC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: ERROR: XLogFlush: request AF/5703EDC8 is not satisfied --- flushed only to AF/50F15ABC
Date
List pgsql-general
utsav.turray wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am using postgres 7.3 version on RHEL 4.0.
> My database has been restored.
> All tables all working fine i.e select , update but on a particular table
> its showing error
>
> ERROR:  XLogFlush: request AF/5703EDC8 is not satisfied --- flushed only to
> AF/50F15ABC
>
> I have searched other threads, it shows the problem may be due to garbage in
> the LSN field of a page header.
> Now what is the solution to this problem.

1. Dump the database immediately so you have a backup.
2. Check that you can restore from that backup.
3. Make sure you are running the latest release of 7.3 - 7.3.21
available from ftp://ftp-archives.postgresql.org/
4. Upgrade as soon as is practical 7.4 was released in 2003 and we are
currently on 8.4
5. Test your hardware - disk errors might have caused this.

If you are having problems dumping the database you might need to
identify which table and set of records is giving you problems and
exclude those.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd