Re: Re: pgindent timing (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Refactor NUM_cache_remove calls in error report path to a PG_TRY) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Re: pgindent timing (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Refactor NUM_cache_remove calls in error report path to a PG_TRY)
Date
In response to Re: pgindent timing (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Refactor NUM_cache_remove calls in error report path to a PG_TRY)  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Responses Re: Re: pgindent timing (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Refactor NUM_cache_remove calls in error report path to a PG_TRY)  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers

Robert Haas wrote:
> I'm not sure there's a
> good solution to this problem short of making pgindent easy enough
> that we can make it a requirement for patch submission, and I'm not
> sure that's practical.
>
> But in any case, I think running pgindent immediately after the last
> CommitFest rather than after a longish delay would be a good idea.

Frankly, fixing up patch bitrot caused by pgindent is not terribly
difficult in my experience - bitrot caused by code drift is a much
harder problem (and yes, git fans, I know git can help with that).

cheers

andrew