Re: Does derby have an embedded Mode like Derby ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guy Rouillier
Subject Re: Does derby have an embedded Mode like Derby ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Paul Taylor wrote:
> I am testing the code that extracts information from a read only
> database. These are UNIT tests so only interested in getting the right
> results given a particular set of data, anything else is a distraction.

I don't understand your test environment.  If all your code is doing is
extracting info from a database, why would you want to have database
management embedded in your test?  Simply have a test database already
configured and running, then run your JUnit tests against that existing
database.  That simple approach would obviously work across all platforms.

The only reason I can see for doing DDL in a unit test would be if the
end product will be doing such DDL.

--
Guy Rouillier