Re: distributing postgresql binaries - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Garry Saddington
Subject Re: distributing postgresql binaries
Date
List pgsql-general
Garry Saddington wrote:
> I have developed an application using Zope and Postgresql and I want
> to be able to distribute the application with a full database of data
> so that there are no setup worries for users. The platform is Windows.
> When I copy the app over to windows XP home, Postgres refuses to start
> and I get a cryptic 'Application is configured wrongly' message from
> windows. It seems that the absence of registry entries (done some
> testing) is the problem. Is there a distribution that will run when
> copied from one machine to another without writing anything in the
> registry? By the way, I tried the binaries only install from the
> download area for 8.3.7 and it won't start either with the same error
> message. Any help would be much appreciated.
> Regards
> Garry

I have solved this problem. It's not the registry that is the problem it
is the visual c++ runtime that is missing on Windows xp home. Installing
vcredist_x86.exe as supplied with the msi installer corrects the problem.
Regards
Garry