Re: Brochure final layout - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From damien clochard
Subject Re: Brochure final layout
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus a écrit :

>> Do we have a chance to see a scribus version of this document ?
>
> I was talking to Rob about this and

Sorry i was offline last week, i just didn't see your previous messages
about this.

>he didn't know any way to convert an
> InDesign document to Scribus.  Do you?

Afaik there's no way to do this easily at the moment. The best you can
do is export your inDesign in EPS format and then import it into
scribus, but that only helps you to recreate your templates. Most of the
work has to be done a second time.

Same thing with QuarkXpress.

i think that's the whole point of having a discuss on publishing tools.
When you choose one, it's very hard to move to another.

My message is not aimed directly at Rob. He did a tremendous work and i
can understand if he doesn't want to recreate the document from scratch
on Scribus. i was just asking if someone can/wants to do  it. If
Santiago Zarate knows someone that can help us that's good news. I think
we should try that.

Like in many domains, in publishing the initial choice of the tools is
very important. I think we should discuss about it and maybe give some
basic recommendations or guidelines to people that wants to help like
Rob and others. Something like "If you want to help us advertise
PostgreSQL, we'd prefer you to use the following formats : blablabla ".

I think less frustrating to know that **before** you start :-)