Commitfest Code Sprint with PUGs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Commitfest Code Sprint with PUGs
Date
Re: Commitfest Code Sprint with PUGs  (gabrielle <gorthx@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
All,

Gabrielle of PDXPUG volunteered that PUG to hold a "code sprint" in
coordination with a commitfest sometime soon.  For that event, the
PDXPUG members would take on a dozen or so patches, compile and review
them and submit the results.

The reason I mention this here is that they would need to "reserve"
several patches we felt were suitable for beginners for the event.  This
would require reviewers to hold off on those patches until after the
code sprint to make sure that the PUG would have a good event and
contribute usefully.  For this reason, the PUG event would need to be at
the beginning of the CF.

Obviously PDXPUG won't be ready for July 15th.  But could we plan this
for the Sept. 15th CF?

Also, do any other PUGs want to do this?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.