Re: Multicolumn index corruption on 8.4 beta 2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andy Colson
Subject Re: Multicolumn index corruption on 8.4 beta 2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Andy,
>
>> 6) To the -hackers: I write the records and then refind them in the
>> exact same order, would it be a better test to search for records in a
>> more random order? would it make a difference? Would searching for some
>> but not all make a difference?
>
> Are you on OpenSolaris?  Can you give your script to Zdenek & Jignesh to
> test in their enviroments?

I am not, and yes I can.

Hopefully I can attach a .tar.bz2

The bigtest.sh is the one to run (it runs all the parts).  You'll need
to edit fill.pl and test.pl and set the dbname and maybe give a
username/password.

In the fill.pl there is a $max variable that's used to set the number of
records to insert.  (its set to 10 million right now)

Oh, this .tar wont create a subdirectory

-Andy

Attachment