Re: Resolving 8.4 open items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Resolving 8.4 open items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> On 6/10/09 10:40 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> * contrib/seg and contrib/cube GiST index support have performance issues

> Wasn't there an issue that fixing this requires a data format change?

Well, that means it probably doesn't get fixed till 8.5.  I'm annoyed
at that, but such is life.  The problem's been there since those modules
were created, so we can stand it for another release cycle.

Alternatively, we can postpone 8.4 till Oleg and Teodor have some spare
cycles to look at the patch, but who knows when that will be.