Re: New trigger option of pg_standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: New trigger option of pg_standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Simon Riggs wrote:
>>> I agree, very frustrating. Why do you bring it up again now?
>> Wny not?  We are not going to improve unless we face our faults.
>
> Oh, and I am backlogged on email, which is why I didn't mention it a
> week ago when this thread was active (which I think was your point).  :-)

Did you catch up the backlog far enough to see that Simon coded and I
committed the patch to add "recovery_end_command" just before beta2? So
it's in 8.4 now
(http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/20090514203109.8EBA2754067@cvs.postgresql.org).

I agree we could've should've handled this more promptly, and I'll take
my part of the blame for that. I let the various proposed patches sit
for long times before reviewing them thoroughly, partly because I was
busy and partly because I didn't feel good about the proposed
approaches. I think what went in in the end is pretty simple and robust,
but it's a shame we had to rush to get it into beta2, after sitting on
our thumbs for months.