Re: New trigger option of pg_standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: New trigger option of pg_standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2009-05-27 at 17:39 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> I agree we could've should've handled this more promptly, and I'll take
> my part of the blame for that. I let the various proposed patches sit
> for long times before reviewing them thoroughly, partly because I was
> busy and partly because I didn't feel good about the proposed
> approaches. I think what went in in the end is pretty simple and robust,
> but it's a shame we had to rush to get it into beta2, after sitting on
> our thumbs for months.

Through everything I just said, I have no criticism of you Heikki. I had
the same emotions about the proposals. I was only explaining why I felt
unable to speed up the process myself.

Final patch took me an hour to code and test, so I wasn't put out or
rushed.