Re: [Windows] Feedback on PG? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: [Windows] Feedback on PG?
Date
Re: [Windows] Feedback on PG?  (Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail@webthatworks.it>)
List pgsql-general
On 20/05/2009 11:49, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:
> I think you could connect from Delphi through ODBC, meybe even on
> some .NET driver. I think ODBC should be more mature... but don't
> trust me.

You can use ODBC and .NET (depending on which version of Delphi you
have), and there are also various third-party tools for connecting,
depending on how you want to access the data in the client. Here are a
couple (commercial):

http://www.vitavoom.com/products/pgedriver/
http://www.microolap.com/products/connectivity/postgresdac/

> Coming from a web background but where transactions and some
> "advanced" features are essential to survival I got the impression
> that actually even for small SOHO applications even when server and
> client are on the same box pg may be a very good choice.

I second this....it "just works", and the fact that the installer comes
with a silent-install option means that you can roll it into your own
installer for use in this sort of scenario.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie