Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #4796: Recovery followed by backup creates unrecoverable WAL-file - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #4796: Recovery followed by backup creates unrecoverable WAL-file
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-05-15 at 17:19 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>
>> Yes, just as deleting old WAL files.
>
> So what you're saying is because it's possible to blow your left foot
> off, we're not concerned about blowing your right foot off either.

I don't get it. What are the left and right foot in that metaphor
referring to?

> We've asked for some additional docs. What would be the objection to
> that?

I'm certainly not opposed to improving docs. And I agree with Andrew's
sentiment that easier-to-use tools to manage PITR archives would be very
helpful.