Re: Link locations for beta? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Link locations for beta?
Date
Re: Link locations for beta?  (Jaime Casanova <jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec>)
List pgsql-www
On 4/13/09 2:13 AM, Dave Page wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 2:53 AM, Josh Berkus<josh@agliodbs.com>  wrote:
>> Dave,
>>
>>> You should just direct people to www.postgresql.org/downloads which
>>> has links/info about getting binaries for all sorts of platforms.
>> Only if you're going to update that page with a paragraph for where to find
>> the beta.  Are you?
>
> No - we don't list any other versions explicitly.

In that case, I'd rather provide direct links in the announcement and on
/developer/beta.  There's no excuse to make people hunt for the beta
instead of making it obvious.

HOWEVER, I would like a change to where the betas are posted (Marc, you
listening?).  Please put all betas at:
    http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v8.4beta/    http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.3beta/win32/

Instead of putting each beta version in a path like:
    http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v8.4beta1/    http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.3beta1/win32/

That way, we won't have to keep updating the links every where for each
beta and RC release; the directories will remain the same.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.