Re: Installation - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Roderick A. Anderson
Subject Re: Installation
Date
List pgadmin-support
Fernando Hevia wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 10:09 PM, Just E. Mail <justemail@imwell-usa.com
> <mailto:justemail@imwell-usa.com>> wrote:
>
>     Rod:
>
>     I forgot to mention that I am a VERY VERY newbie. So what you wrote
>     below is fine except I have no idea what it means.

OK.  Here is how I think I did it -- been awhile since I did.  Create a
file in /etc/yum.repos.d named  'pgdg-83.repo' with the lines I sent
before in it.  You'll need to chose you own poison as far an editor
goes.  I use vim, but with a default CentOS install there is vi and nano.

Once you have that should use the command
yum update pgadmin3 --enablerepo=pgdg83

if you have and older version installed or
yum install pgadmin3 --enablerepo=pgdg83
if not

YMMV.  I'm basing this on my workstation which has suffered much abuse
yum/repo-wise as I use and experiment with many different packages.   The biggest issue I've ran into with pgAdmin, I
believe,was with

wxWidgets.  I had for awhile other packages that required an older or
newer version of wxGTK.

If you have a problem look into adding the rpmforge repository.

\\||/
Rod