Time to start drafting the 8.4 release - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Time to start drafting the 8.4 release
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
All,

It's that time again!  The Release Notes are built, the beta is almost
out.  It's time to start drafting a release announcement:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/84ReleaseDraft

Major points to resolve:

1) Theme: I have *no* idea.  We used "rapid development" last time.
What do we use now?  Long-term development?

2) Features to mention: just the ones which a non-PostgreSQL user might
be vaguely interested in.  Suggested list up on the wiki.

3) Quotes: I have a few in my mailbox, but more are definitely welcome.

--Josh Berkus