Interesting comment on the home page - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Interesting comment on the home page
Date
List pgsql-www
WWW Folks,
From Bruce's blog:

============

I would put a simple description on the most visible part of the page,
currently occupied by "PostgreSQL updates released". Ok, that is
important, but to a newbie it looks like "hmm... I don't know what
PostgreSQL is but I need to upgrade it already?"

I would put a link to the latest documentation (and to the Tutorial and
Installation sections too) on the homepage. Currently the shortest path
to Tutorial is 4 click away. The documentation of the PostgreSQL project
is one of it's strongest sides, and it should easier to access.

I would put direct links to the latest packages. The current "Latest
Releases" section is quite baffling - there are links to the notes, but
not to the source/packages?

I guess I'm not complete, but that's what I would do at first glance.