win32 open item - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject win32 open item
Date
Re: win32 open item  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
The open items list for 8.4 has

*  problems with Windows global namespace

I propose we move this over to the TODO list instead. We are no worse
off than we are in previous versions, and we've had *zero* bug reports
related to this issue.

Basically, we have a small window of failed protection if a user that
has permissions, manually starts the database engine from two different
terminal server sessions at the same time. Given that AFAIK *every
single* production deployment would be running the server as a service,
is probably why we have had zero reports about it.

The issue that caused the server to not start properly has already been
fixed in both 8.3 and head.

I don't think this is anywhere near important enough to hold up a
release over.

//Magnus