Re: small but useful patches for text search - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: small but useful patches for text search
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Saturday 21 March 2009 09:04:12 Robert Haas wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 11:59 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> > Robert Haas wrote:
<snip>
> My concern with the list of outstanding items for 8.4 based on a quick
> look is that I think many of those things are not, in fact,
> outstanding items for 8.4, and those that are may not be important
> enough to hold up beta for.  Now since I haven't read through them all
> yet, I'm not 100% sure of that, but that's my concern for what it's
> worth.

Robert,  this has been discussed many times before, and most people agree with
you, but Bruce doesn't. I think the ony way this will change is if someone
takes on the role of "release notes manager", subscrbes to pgsql-commits, and
then starts updating a wiki page as each item is committed. Once other
committers see that, I'm guessing they will start helping, and eventually
Bruce will join in. Outside of that I think we're wasting our time on this.

--
Robert Treat
Conjecture: http://www.xzilla.net