Re: better handling of alternate languages in wiki - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: better handling of alternate languages in wiki
Date
Re: better handling of alternate languages in wiki  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-www
Hi,

Alvaro Herrera a écrit :
> [...]
> So, with help from Stefan and the great guys at #wikimedia we now have
> the neat-looking links to FAQs in other languages, in the english FAQ
> and also in each translated FAQ.  And it's updated automatically
> whenever someone adds another translation as a subpage (so wiki/FAQ/fr
> for the french translation, for example).

I find this really interesting.

> Therefore I propose we use the Mediawiki multilanguage stuff for
> handling content in languages other than english.  This is very easy --
> we just need to add {{Languages}} to the top of each translated page,
> and put them in a subpage.  So for example the spanish initial page
> should be wiki/Main_Page/es (in fact I already did that, and now
> wiki/Español is a redirect to that one).
>
> So, for a start this means that the main page needs to have a
> {{Languages}} inserted at the top;

I would prefer to see a box on the left, as wikipedia does.

> and the "Alternate Languages"
> subsection should probably be removed.

No. For example, in the french section, there are articles available
only in French. I don't want to lose them. Where will I put them if the
"alternate languages" subsection disappears?

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com