better handling of alternate languages in wiki - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject better handling of alternate languages in wiki
Date
Re: better handling of alternate languages in wiki
List pgsql-www
Hi,

So, with help from Stefan and the great guys at #wikimedia we now have
the neat-looking links to FAQs in other languages, in the english FAQ
and also in each translated FAQ.  And it's updated automatically
whenever someone adds another translation as a subpage (so wiki/FAQ/fr
for the french translation, for example).

Therefore I propose we use the Mediawiki multilanguage stuff for
handling content in languages other than english.  This is very easy --
we just need to add {{Languages}} to the top of each translated page,
and put them in a subpage.  So for example the spanish initial page
should be wiki/Main_Page/es (in fact I already did that, and now
wiki/Español is a redirect to that one).

So, for a start this means that the main page needs to have a
{{Languages}} inserted at the top; and the "Alternate Languages"
subsection should probably be removed.

Can I get some opinions on this?