Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1704) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From KaiGai Kohei
Subject Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1704)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Despite all that arm-waving, no one besides KaiGai-san has really
> stepped up to work on it.  That leaves me not only with worries about
> the patch itself, but with an extremely low estimate of the community's
> interest in it.  And it is too big, complicated, and risky to go in
> if there's not strong community support for it.

The only reason why I separated a few major facilities (writable system
columns, row-level controls, largeobject permission and so on) and
reduces the scale of patches as someone required is to help SE-PostgreSQL
getting merged into the v8.4.

In addition, as I said before, I can provide my efforts to maintenance
SE-PostgreSQL feature to the future version, once it getting merged,
no need to say.

Thanks,
--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC