Re: Make SIGHUP less painful if pg_hba.conf is not readable - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Selena Deckelmann
Subject Re: Make SIGHUP less painful if pg_hba.conf is not readable
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Selena Deckelmann <selena@endpoint.com> writes:
>> From the comment in hba.c, it appears that the desired behavior is to
>> have the system ignore the failure,
>
> I'm not sure how you could possibly read that comment that way.

Right. Sorry, poor choice of words. I meant "don't die on reload",
essentially.

> It might be sane to distinguish initial load from reload, but I think
> the behavior is correct as-is for initial load.

Agreed.

> Also, if we are going to do something like this, we should make sure
> it's consistent across all the config files.

Ok. I can do that. I'll check with some other people before I send
another patch, and I'll go through the rest of the config file loads
tomorrow.

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann