Re: Make SIGHUP less painful if pg_hba.conf is not readable - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Make SIGHUP less painful if pg_hba.conf is not readable
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Selena Deckelmann <selena@endpoint.com> writes:
> From the comment in hba.c, it appears that the desired behavior is to
> have the system ignore the failure,

I'm not sure how you could possibly read that comment that way.

It might be sane to distinguish initial load from reload, but I think
the behavior is correct as-is for initial load.

Also, if we are going to do something like this, we should make sure
it's consistent across all the config files.