Re: pg_restore -m failing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pg_restore -m failing
Date
List pgsql-hackers

ohp@pyrenet.fr wrote:
> hi all,
>
> After Andrew corrected the bug I found on pg_restore (-C -m
> misbehaving one with the other), I played again yesterday.
>
> before the end of restore, I get this :
>
> pg_restore: launching item 4202 INDEX idx_typeper_actif
> pg_restore: [custom archiver] could not close archive file: Argument
> incorrect
> pg_restore: *** aborted because of error
> pg_restore: finished item 4202 INDEX idx_typeper_actif
> pg_restore: [archiver] worker process failed: exit code 1
> pg_restore: *** aborted because of error
>
> Any idea? this is on unixware

That seems very strange. Is it repeatable. I wonder what theincorrect
argument was? Maybe the memory got clobbered somewhere.

Actually, while thinking about this it occurred to me that we are
probably wasting a few cycles reopening the archive where we don't need
to - it should only be necessary where we are restoring a data member,
ISTM. I'll look at that further.

cheers

andrew