Re: BUG #4663: I am unable to download the manuals from site - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: BUG #4663: I am unable to download the manuals from site
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Please DO NOT just reply to me. Reply to the list.

dattathreya Bonakurthi wrote:
> I m using acrobat reader 8.0 version  ....
> the browser is Mozilla version 3.0 ...

Firefox 3.0, perhaps?

PLEASE POST THE FULL, EXACT TEXT OF THE ERROR MESSAGE YOU GET WHEN YOU

                       ATTEMPT TO OPEN THE FILE.

> I am jst trying to download the pdf from the link of manuals in postgres..

That's not a URL.

Perhaps you meant:

http://www.postgresql.org/files/documentation/pdf/8.3/postgresql-8.3-A4.pdf

which is accessed by visiting http://www.postgresql.org/docs/manuals/
and clicking on the link "Comprehensive Manual: A4 PDF (16.5 MB)" in the
8.3 version row.

If that's not the file you were trying to download, please say which one
you WERE attempting to download.

There is nothing wrong with that file. Most likely there's something
wrong with your Adobe Reader install, your browser plugin, or your
browser install. Adobe Reader's netscape/firefox plugin has always been
flakey.

Try saving the file to your desktop (right click, "Save Link As...") and
opening the downloaded PDF directly from Adobe Reader, rather than via
your web browser.

--
Craig Ringer