Re: Audio & Video? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Audio & Video?
Date
List pgsql-www
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-02-12 at 09:24 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 1:44 AM, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:
>>
>>> could do pub/av section on the ftp server easily enough ... then no one site
>>> would be "hit" for the bandwidth ...
>> What worries me about that is when files start to get much bigger than
>> 100MB,
>
> Consider if I started uploading postgresql conference videos.
>
> This really needs to be using an actual service like Vimeo or something.

OK, that makes sense.  Is there a similar service for audio-only
podcasts, though?

Also, I think what we need is somewhere on the website where we *index*
all of this stuff.  In fact ... if we just had a way to post audio
files, and re-distribute RSS for video to planet.postgresql.org, that
would be very helpful.

Same thing with slides, actually.

--Josh