Re: non-standard escapes in string literals - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: non-standard escapes in string literals
Date
Re: non-standard escapes in string literals  (F Harvell <fharvell@fts.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
F Harvell <fharvell@fts.net> writes:
> This also poses the biggest problem in terms of legacy compatibility.
> Perhaps the answer is to add a runtime config option (and default it
> to ANSI) and possibly deprecate the C escaping.

While I wouldn't necessarily object to a runtime option, I do object
to both the other parts of your proposal ;-).  Backslash escaping is
not broken; we aren't going to remove it or deprecate it, and I would
vote against making it non-default.