Re: 8.4 release planning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From KaiGai Kohei
Subject Re: 8.4 release planning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith wrote:
> Where I suspect this is all is going to settle down into is that if 1)
> the SE GUC is on and 2) one of the tables in a join has rows filtered,
> then you can expect that a) it's possible that the result will leak
> information, which certainly need to be documented, and b) the
> optimizations Tom mentioned that "assume foreign key constraints hold"
> will not be possible to implement, so performance will suck compared to
> a similar situation in an unsecured environment.

c) security feature gives the optimizer a hint "don't optimize out
this table, please!" via a security hook.
I think it is a quite reasonable approach, as I noted in another message.

Thanks,
--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>