Re: 8.4 release planning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua Brindle
Subject Re: 8.4 release planning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
>> With my other hat on (the red one) what I'm concerned about is whether
>> this patch will ever produce a feature that I could turn on in the
>> standard Red Hat/Fedora build of Postgres.
>
> FWIW, as you know, sepostgresql is already included in Fedora. You can
> continue shipping it as a seperate RPM set.

That is non-ideal. Getting the capability in to the standard database shipped
with RHEL is very important to me and my customers.

Since you can turn this off with GUC I don't see why it makes sense to ship 2
databases (nevermind the maintenance issues)