Re: Commitfest infrastructure (was Re: 8.4 release planning) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Commitfest infrastructure (was Re: 8.4 release planning)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dave Page wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>
>> As for somewhere to host it, we certainly have some servers; not tons,
>> but probably enough.  Some of them even have Postgres running on it.
>
> We can certainly host an app under postgresql.org. The bigger issue
> will be speccing it to meet the requirements of the community without
> getting bogged down in bike shedding.

I have started some very trivial work around this a while ago with the
intent to get something simple up and working before too much bike
shedding is done. I'll contact Robert off-list to discuss that. If
somebody else - who actively works with what we have now!! - is
interested in that discussion, let me know.

Will obviously take it on-list before any decisions are made. So far I'm
just talking about discussing a prototype.

//Magnus