Re: More FOR UPDATE/FOR SHARE problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: More FOR UPDATE/FOR SHARE problems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>>> Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hopefully it's not patent encumbered? Might be better not to check
> actually.
I've been in correspondence with the authors.  That is the first
question I asked them.  The response (from Michael Cahill):
- There are no patent applications covering our work, as far as we are
- aware.  That is, no patent applications have been lodged for our
- work, and no applications are planned.  To the best of our
- knowledge, our work in this area was novel, so we are not aware of
- any prior patents that cover our work.
But seriously, I don't want this to lead to a discussion which pulls
people from getting 8.4 out the door.
-Kevin