Re: On SCM - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ron Mayer
Subject Re: On SCM
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Christopher Browne wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 5:42 PM, Ron Mayer
> <rm_pg@cheapcomplexdevices.com> wrote:
> There has been enough experimentation with git usage during the 8.4 ...

I certainly didn't mean for the idea to be advocating git nor any
changes in 8.4.

I was hoping the main idea was that the part you didn't quote:

>> If it were just as easy for us to pull from a
>>   "all 'pending-patches' for-commit-fest-nov that pass regression tests"
>> branch, I'd happily pull from that instead.

would be very useful regardless of the source control system it's based on.

And if enough people found such a 'staging branch' useful, it'd be
worth maintaining even if I had to do it with 'patch' and no SCM tools
whatsoever -- simply so not everyone has to merge it.