Re: FATAL: could not open relation pg_tblspc/491086/467369/491103: No such file or directory - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: FATAL: could not open relation pg_tblspc/491086/467369/491103: No such file or directory
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> In various places in current HEAD we throw a checkpoint when we want to
> be certain that all buffers have been flushed.
>
> In recovery, a checkpoint isn't always a restartpoint for two reasons:
> timing and rmgr state. This gives both a cause for the error and an
> explanation of why it does not occur consistently. ISTM this could
> likely effect previous releases as well.

Were you able to narrow this down? Do you know exactly what command
caused it? At least replay of CREATE DATABASE already calls
FlushDatabaseBuffers(), but are we missing that from some other place?