Re: FATAL: could not open relation pg_tblspc/491086/467369/491103: No such file or directory - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: FATAL: could not open relation pg_tblspc/491086/467369/491103: No such file or directory
Date
In response to Re: FATAL: could not open relation pg_tblspc/491086/467369/491103: No such file or directory  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 09:48 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Simon Riggs wrote:
> > In various places in current HEAD we throw a checkpoint when we want to
> > be certain that all buffers have been flushed.
> >
> > In recovery, a checkpoint isn't always a restartpoint for two reasons:
> > timing and rmgr state. This gives both a cause for the error and an
> > explanation of why it does not occur consistently. ISTM this could
> > likely effect previous releases as well.
>
> Were you able to narrow this down? Do you know exactly what command
> caused it?

We know it wasn't any specific command because it caused the bgwriter to
crash when HS patch was applied. But no, I'm not looking at it yet,
until we're done with HS.