Re: [sysadmins] Mailing list (lack of) spam filtering - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: [sysadmins] Mailing list (lack of) spam filtering
Date
List pgsql-www
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2009, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>
>> a pretty simple question whould be to check if we are also running the
>> latest *rulesets* for spamassassin (the are providing updated rulesets
>> every few weeks which need to be installed using
>> sa-update/sa-compile). I could also provide a simple nagios plugin for
>> checking this ...
>
> Simple answer: yes, I believe so ... part of the docs I went through for
> setting up Spamassassin was to setup a cron job:
>
> 01 00 * * * /usr/local/bin/rules_du_jour
>
> which I believe(d) was supposed to do this update daily ...
>
> ... but, that said, I didn't realize there was a nagios plug in for
> this, but now that you mention it, I just looked at ports and see it ...
> let me get it installed and added to my internal monitoring, and will
> ping you if I have any questions about setting it up ...

well rules_du_jour is deprecated for a while now. sa-update is by
default using the official SA-update channel (which is more like a virus
pattern update really) and can support other sources as well.
The Plugin I was talking about is specifically checking for new
available patterns not if SA is up & running btw.

Stefan