Re: [sysadmins] Mailing list (lack of) spam filtering - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: [sysadmins] Mailing list (lack of) spam filtering
Date
List pgsql-www
On Thu, 22 Jan 2009, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:

> a pretty simple question whould be to check if we are also running the
> latest *rulesets* for spamassassin (the are providing updated rulesets
> every few weeks which need to be installed using sa-update/sa-compile).
> I could also provide a simple nagios plugin for checking this ...

Simple answer: yes, I believe so ... part of the docs I went through for
setting up Spamassassin was to setup a cron job:

01 00 * * * /usr/local/bin/rules_du_jour

which I believe(d) was supposed to do this update daily ...

... but, that said, I didn't realize there was a nagios plug in for this,
but now that you mention it, I just looked at ports and see it ... let me
get it installed and added to my internal monitoring, and will ping you if
I have any questions about setting it up ...

----