Re: Problem with retrieving records using double precision fields - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond C. Rodgers
Subject Re: Problem with retrieving records using double precision fields
Date
List pgsql-general
Richard Huxton wrote:
Raymond C. Rodgers wrote:
In two separate databases that are configured to have latitude and
longitude as double precision fields, I'm having trouble retrieving
records using "between" on the longitude field. I know that I have data
within range, but any query involving the longitude field fails to find
records.

test=# select * from coordtest where longitude between -83.0 and -84.0;
Order of between arguments is important.

richardh=> SELECT 2 between 1 and 3;?column?
----------t
(1 row)

richardh=> SELECT 2 between 3 and 1;?column?
(1 row)

richardh=> SELECT -2 between -1 and -3;?column?
(1 row)

Ok, so I made a simple math error (-83 being larger than -84) and didn't catch it.

Thanks,
Raymond