Re: per-database locale: createdb switches - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: per-database locale: createdb switches
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>> Thanks, committed that way.  I noticed that --lc-ctype and --lc-collate
>>> were forgotten in SGML docs, so I added them too.
>> Should we have a shorthand CREATE DATABASE option like that as well?
>
> createdb is really about convenience;  not sure it is warranted for
> CREATE DATABASE.

I think unless you are doing something completely funny, you would
usually want to have COLLATE and CTYPE equal.  The fact that you now
have to enter both to get that result could be pretty annoying in
practice, I  would think.