Re: Missing bug-report numbers? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Guillaume Smet
Subject Re: Missing bug-report numbers?
Date
List pgsql-www
Greg Sabino Mullane a écrit :
> Sorry, but the success of the wiki is not a good indication of other things,
> such as bug reports from random people. Forcing an account creation just
> to report a bug is one of the most annoying and counter-productive practices
> in the history of open-source projects, and I really hope Postgres has no
> intention of going there.

+1.

Why not just add a simple question to the form to prevent the bots from
submitting it?

Something like "Write PostgreSQL in this field:" should be sufficient
IMHO. It's just an example, I'm pretty sure we can come up with
something simple enough for everyone.

I don't think this form has sufficient value for spammers to make them
write something specific to it.

--
Guillaume