Re: reloptions and toast tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: reloptions and toast tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> I need some more opinions on whether I should continue working here, or
>> stop and leave it for 8.5.
>
> Bruce and I were just talking yesterday about the need to start closing
> down this commitfest.  I'm not sure what the schedule is going to end
> up being; but if you can't see a pretty short path to finishing whatever
> development still needs doing, my advice is to set it aside for 8.5.

I agree in principle. OTOH, the current behavior can almost be defined
as a bug, since we can't restore any changes you make to the autovacuum
configuration. I know it's by design, but it makes it pretty fragile to
use the ability to change the configuration at all...

//Magnus