Re: Turkish downcasting in PL/pgSQL - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Turkish downcasting in PL/pgSQL
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> You'd have to set LC_ALL=C to be really sure to override everything.
> But I would stay away from doing that globally, because all the
> translation work in gcc and make would go to waste.

Agreed.  I was toying with changing the FLEX variable to contain
"LC_ALL=C flex" but I'm a bit worried about breaking the build on
some platforms (especially Windows).

> I would also suggest that Nicolai report this issue to the flex
> developers.  It's only bound to reappear everywhere case-insensitive
> flex scanners are used.

True.  Maybe we should just call it a flex bug and wait for them to
fix it.  It's not going to affect builds from tarballs anyway, only
people who build from CVS.

            regards, tom lane