Re: script binaries renaming - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Dave Page
Subject Re: script binaries renaming
Date
Re: script binaries renaming
List pgsql-patches
On Fri, July 6, 2007 8:51 am, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 4. Juli 2007 17:04 schrieb Zdenek Kotala:
>> I attach complete patch which renames following binaries
>>
>> createdb createlang createuser dropdb droplang dropuser clusterdb
>> vacuumdb reindexdb
>
> I just want to say I dislike this idea.

This is almost as bad as Magnus agreeing with JD (!), but I agree with
Peter :-). After years of typing the current names, changing them does
seem somewhat annoying. Worse yet, pg_* is just awkward to type.

/D